Crypto Market Cap | Britain’s digital service tax & Google’s Threat Horizon report | Market Color
Market Color YouTube
Market Color Podcast
- Saule Omarova, the Biden Administration pick for head of the OCC, is set to be rejected by five Democratic Senators, who have told the White House they will not vote for her, according to Axios.
- Yaron Shalem, CFO of Celsius, was one of the seven people arrested in Tel Aviv in connection with Israeli crypto mogul Moshe Hogeg.
- Vitalik Buterin’s posted on the Ethereum Magicians forum, EIP-4488, a proposed to “decrease transaction calldata gas cost, and add a limit of how much total transaction calldata can be in a block.”
- Google’s The Threat Horizons report has indicates that a majority of recently attacked accounts on its Google Cloud Platform service were used to mine cryptocurrency.
- Bloomberg is reporting that China is considering setting up a digital asset exchange in Beijing, to promote the usage of the digital yuan and crack down on cryptocurrencies.
- The People’s Daily, which is the ruling Chinese Communist Party official newspaper is warning investors about the investment fever around NFTs and asks the question whether it is another “zero-sum game hyped by cryptocurrency investors and capital.”
- Britain’s tax authority, Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) regulations have introduced a 2% digital services tax which applies to all cryptocurrency exchanges operating in the United Kingdom.
- Singapore-based fund manager Fintonia Group, which is regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), has launched a “physical” bitcoin fund and a yield fund, reported Fund Selector Asia.
- Bank of Tanzania is in the process of launching its own central bank digital currency. The news was revealed by the central bank Governor Florens Luoga at the central bank-organized 20th Conference of Financial Institutions (COFI).
CrossTower Inc. provides this content for general information purposes, to better inform you on your digital asset investment journey. We do not provide investment recommendations or provide tax advice. Please consult your investment professional or tax advisor if you require assistance in these areas.
Ready to get started?
Subscribe below and get started on your CrossTower journey. We offer a variety of informational content along with our top tier trading services.