Risk Managers (Two)
About the company:
Founded in 2019, CrossTower is a trading platform founded by capital markets veterans on a mission to mainstream digital asset trading. Our digital-asset platform was methodically built for institutional and individual investors with best-in-class safeguards, services and capabilities as well as innovative pricing to make the next-generation financial markets a reality. Because our leadership team has extensive experience building and managing traditional exchanges and structured products, we understand whatâs needed to ensure the CrossTower experience is familiar to market professionals.
About the role:
The Risk Manager role will be to ensure that all elements of the firmâs Cryptocurrency operations and its business transactions follow all relevant legal, regulatory and internal rules and that the firmâs risks are managed appropriately. To succeed in this role, you should be a seasoned professional who is not afraid to speak their mind and stand by their decisions. You should be familiar with financial services regulation and have a good understanding of risk management and control frameworks.
What you’ll do
- Oversee the development and implementation of an effective firm-wide risk management and compliance framework;
- Provide independent advice and challenge in the development and maintenance of the firmâs internal controls and monitor adherence to them;
- Oversee the drafting and revision of company policies;
- Develop and run a firm-wide risk assessment and monitoring programme;
- Proactively audit firm control processes, practices and documents to identify weaknesses;
- Evaluate business activities (e.g. investments) and significant transaction to assess compliance risk;
- Collaborate with HR as needed in the development of an appropriate risk-aware culture;
- Set out plans to manage a compliance related incident or compliance violation;
- Educate and train employees on risk management, regulations and industry practices;
- Provide advice to the management team and all employees as required on questions of legal and regulatory compliance;
- Familiarity with blockchain analytics tools.
- Keep abreast of key developments in the global regulatory landscape.
- Experience with alternative payment methods and risks.
- You will have access across all levels of the organisation and be expected to be comfortable interacting with a range of stakeholders, as well as being prepared to roll up your sleeves and get hands on with a plethora of challenges that might be thrown at you.
Qualifications and experience
- 5-10 years in a comparable role
- Credit experience particularly valuable
- Proven ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Experience dealing with large data sets
- Experience building risk frameworks (particularly market risk)
- Can-do attitude essential
- Proven ability to contribute to a process-driven culture
How to apply
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]