Chief Technology Officer
About the company:
Founded in 2019, CrossTower is a trading platform founded by capital markets veterans on a mission to mainstream digital asset trading. Our digital-asset platform was methodically built for institutional and individual investors with best-in-class safeguards, services and capabilities as well as innovative pricing to make the next-generation financial markets a reality. Because our leadership team has extensive experience building and managing traditional exchanges and structured products, we understand whatâs needed to ensure the CrossTower experience is familiar to market professionals.
About the role:
At CrossTower, Our Chief Technology Officer provides sound technical leadership in all aspects of our business with their essential strategic thinking and strong business acumen. They will be responsible for setting strategic direction to provide support to our business growth plans. Our CTO will be overseeing consultative partnerships across multiple stakeholders with strong understanding of process and underlying technology requirements. They will remain fully accountable for execution of projects & drive the team to implement and deliver projects and enhancements. Our CTO will align the team on strategies & experimentation to achieve business goals with minimal disruption and significant cost savings. They will be responsible for managing internal & external multiple stakeholders and ensure that all SLAâs are met as per guidelines.
What you’ll do
- Apply expertise in various architecture disciplines across the business (e.g. application, business, data, event-driven, infrastructure, security, systems, and governance) for CrossTower exchange and trading businesses.
- Recommend operational strategies and plans with direct impact on results, influence business decisions made by leadership, and to consult executive leadership on matters of strategic importance with high complexity.
- Work with internal teams, domestic and international, to achieve architectural alignment.
- Ensure that solutions are: cost effective to maximize margin and revenue, aligned to the technology strategy, reuse global services where relevant, and conform to the common â-ilitiesâ (scalability, maintainability, reusability, etc).
- Be an active member of the architecture guild and evangelize cutting edge technology and architectures (e.g. streaming).
- Understand overall vision and objectives and solve business problems using the right set of technical tools and processes in alignment with global products and platforms.
- Ability to work within pressurized environments while making critical decisions
- Be a positive and effective part of the corporate culture by employing soft skills to maximize value add across the enterprise: communication, persuasion, relationship building, trust.
- Use data to provide actionable, fact-based insight that align with CrossTower objections, goals, and business decisions
- Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing initiatives or proposed upgrades.
- Lead budgeting process for customers technology spend
- Review and assess emerging technologies and features to drive business growth and retention.
- Own Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning
- Ensure proactive governance activities are completed on schedule.
- Cross functional coordination to ensure clear and consistent communication channels are established between in-house and external engineering, IT and cybersecurity teams.
- Monitor multiple projects and report status to team, stakeholders, customers, and leadership team.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Create and maintain comprehensive process documentation.
In this position, your time would be spent roughly as follows:
- 40% building out the infrastructure to grow the in-house engineering team.
- 30% recruiting. Plan to hire 2-3 DevOps and 2-4 engineers asap. With additional hires in six months.
- 30% working with the outsourced engineering team to architect and create the proof-of-concept product.
Qualifications and experience
- 7+ years of engineering management experience
- 15+ years of industry experience as an engineer
- Previous experience in a CTO role at a global company
- Experience with security and regulatory compliance
- Working knowledge of the financial services industry specifically exchanges, hedge-funds, private equity, and other alternative asset firms
- Demonstrated knowledge of Managed Service Provider roles and themes
- Exceptional creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Passionate about blockchain, fintech and DeFi
- Experience building and managing financial services infrastructure
- Ability to build processes to effectively managing a globally distributed team
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Analytical and data-driven mindset
- Demonstrated desire for continuous self-improvement and learning
- Excellent communication and presentation skill
How to apply
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]